Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

XP HOME- Is it possible to enable Remote Desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 8, 2002
US
XP HOME- Is it possible to enable Remote Desktop, without updgrading to XP Pro. The RDP client is installed by default, but this does not help. Is there a reg hack to make this possible?

And works good, no matter if your connecting to a machine over a LAN or over the internet. I have this setup on a few relatives machines. When they need help they give me a call and let me know, and I tell them to start the program up (I don't have it set for a service for security reasons) and then log into their machine. Works wonders and makes my life easier than going over to their house or trying to talk them through how to fix their problem over the phone. -------------------------------
MCSE in training.
Currently I've gone through the following books:
70-210 Win2K Professional
70-215 Win2K Server

Thanks for the suggestion. Question: How do you use the app, I downloaded it, but could not figure out how to run it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back