Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

XP Home installation wont work - SQL 7 unintsall?

Status
Not open for further replies.

moffatony

Technical User
Sep 11, 2003
GB
Hi

I am trying to install Home XP over Win98 and I am reaching the end of the preparation phase of the install at which point I am asked to uninstall MS SQL Server 7 as this is blocking the install?

I cant seem to work out how to uninstall SQL 7 nor can I actually find it to uninstall it!

Plese help me :-( I am going potty and starting to rock in my chair like Norman Bates ...

There is always the Clean Install option rather than the Upgrade.

See if these help.

277842 - BUG: SQL Server 7.0 Uninstall Does Not Remove Licensing Information

236989 - BUG: Uninstalling SQL 6.5 After Upgrade to 7.0 May Remove 7.0 Data Files

OLEXP: Mail Folders, Address Book, and E-mail Messages Are Missing After You Upgrade to Microsoft Windows XP(Q313055)

HOW TO: Prepare to Upgrade Windows 98 or Windows Millennium Edition to Windows XP(Q316639)

HOW TO: Use Files and Settings Transfer Wizard in Windows XP(Q293118)

This hasnt worked - I know what I need to do to uninstall it but the Microsoft SQL Server 7.0 program doesnt seem to exist to be able to uninstall it ! Any other ideas people??

Still desperate for help please, the MS SQL server 7.0 program is not on my PC?? I cant find it anywhere so why is XP installation asking me to uninstall it? Its a "Blocking issue" which must be dealt with according to the XP Installation disk

Use the AutoRun feature on the Windows XP disc and install the O/S from BIOS and DOS.

There is no reason to try and uninstall this and then update your O/S. Just do the Windows XP clean install.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back