Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

XP: Folder and File Views 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

sethian1

Technical User
Jan 3, 2002
US
Is there any way that a particular folder and file view will show up by default? XP always seems to want to bring the view back to Tiles instead of List, as I would wish it.

You can open Explorer and go to Tools, Folder Options, Then click on File Types. Find N\A Folder. Highlight and click on Advanced and set the default to Explore. Also, go to the View Tab in Folder Options and scroll down to Remember Each Folder view settings, check th box. These are the 2 I know of. There may be more. Hope they help

Cliff, CCNA/MCSE/MCSA 2000
Network Systems Engineer

Thanks for your help. Unfortunately I don't have a N\A Folder, and the "Remember Each Folder" is already checked.

goto veiw and select list, then goto tools folder options select veiw in folder veiws select apply to all folders this will default all folders to list better than the tile option anyday

Hi all... I think Clayton74's tip works.

~free yer mind, cleanser yer soul~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back