Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

XP Error Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

hsokc

IS-IT--Management
Feb 25, 2003
US
Hello all. I am having problems with an XP P4 HP machine. I was having problems with it crashing and bringing up error messages, so I decided to run a system restore to OEM. I did this and everything seemed to run great for a few days with no problems. Last night I was on I.E 6.0 and all the sudden the screen went black and rebooted. When it came back up it gave me this error:

Error report content:

C:WINDOWS/Minidump/mini020404-01.dmp

C:DOCUME~1/owner/LOCALS~1/Temp/WERZ.tmp.dir00/sysdata.xml

A device driver on your system caused the problem.

Does anyone have a clue what this means or where I should go from here??? Help.

Thanks

go to control panel/ system, hardware tab and device manager and see if there is any hardware with a question mark beside it, or an exclamamtion mark , both will be in yellow if there? If there is, you'll need to replace the driver for that device.

pech

ok, I did a search at yahoo, other posters suggested to just delete the files out of your temp/ dir locals and delete the dump file to, reboot and see if ok?

pech

OK. Thanks for all of your info. Let me try this and I'll get back to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back