Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

XP Emulation for RAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

lvNortel

Vendor
Dec 8, 2012
US
I installed a RAD on a Windows 7 Home Edition Premium but NRU would not work. I looked up some threads that said I need an XP emulation. I tried to load that from Microsoft but it said that my version was not allowed. I do have an old XP but I wanted to avoid putting in the machine into their phone room.

Any suggestions? For example can I TeamViewer into their Windows 7 machine and use my XP version from my office then into the RAD? Don;t know if that would actually work.

Does anyone what a work around that you have been using for Windows 7?

"A phone is a phone and not a computer workstation".

BTW I did try to DL this frm Windows and this is the error I got from the Microsoft site:

"You are not eligible to download Windows XP Mode. You must have Windows 7 Professional, Enterprise, or Ultimate to run Windows XP Mode. To upgrade visit Windows 7 Anytime Upgrade. "

Is there any alternative?

Just go to your local computer store and buy a cheap 2nd hand laptop loaded with XP. Less than $200.00 and you're good to go. I keep one with a hardware serial port just for this purpose.

Marv ccna

Some of my larger sites need it up all the time for immedaite changes and moves so I lg on via Team Veiwer and that works great. I was concerned that a laptop might be stolen from the phone room. A PC just looks like on old box but a little laptop to an employee might look tempting.

I use Windows 7 and NRU with no issues. I have to "Run as Administrator" when I use it, but I don't have any issues.

When I tried to set up the program it execute the file execute the file within Windows 7

Why are you running Home edition for a business?
Home edition should be used for the average Home user, not techs or clients etc....this is why they make more than one edition.

If you dont want to use standard XP:
Use Win 7 Ent ,Ult or Pro and make sure 32 bit.
If you use 64 Bit on the above then install XP Mode.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Maybe that is why mine works. I use Win 7 Pro 32-bit version. I run all my apps from it that I had on XP without any issues.

I am not running Windows 7 Home, the client is. That is their decision not mine. The PC was there when I arrived.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back