Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

XP Drivers for a Gateway w/Vista? 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allen455

Technical User
Jan 18, 2007
US
Hi,
I have a Gateway MT3705 laptop, purchased yesterday at Best Buy, which came with Vista preloaded. I played around with it a lot yesterday, but I came to the conclusion that Vista just isn't solid enough for my needs yet (though the eye candy is definitely cool!).

So I want to go back to XP Pro, but I can't find the right XP drivers for many of the devices, as Gateway seems to only support Vista for their new models. Argh.

The video issue is easy enough, and I got ATI Catalyst drivers for the xpress 200m inside.

But beyond that, this is proving to be a real headache. I still need drivers for my modem, sound card, ethernet, and wifi controllers. There's an integrated media card reader that would be nice to get working, too...

Does anybody have ideas on how I could track these down, given the lack of drivers on the Gateway website?

This page has a list of the components and part numbers and stuff, but it's all integrated chips and stuff, so I can't download the drivers from the manufacturers' own sites.

Any ideas would be really welcomed!

Oh, one idea I had is that if there are similar models that were released like last month, but with XP instead of Vista, their support pages should have the proper drivers... anyone know such model numbers?

Thanks a ton!
Allen

Deepdivndoc:
If you could sent me those drivers, it would be appreciated
Thank You
mwmh

All the files is kinda huge so I would just give you the name of the file which you can google it.
This is for MT3422 model

Forceware_163.15 Go 61xx Driver.zip => Nvidia Video Controller
8.26_11.09_nforce_winxp_english.exe => SMBus & NIC
D00505-002-002.exe => Modem
D00583-003-001.exe => Sound
D20008-001-001.exe => Coprocessor
RTL8185_6.1102.0702,UI_1.00.0006.zip => Wireless
sp32646.exe => Sound Patch from MS

Deepdivndoc or mwmh.

Could either of you send me the drivers for the Gateway MX8734 if you have them.

Thx
Brian

Just wanted to let you all know that I have successfully installed Windows XP unto my Gateway MT6456, including the Wireless Driver post submitted by 'mautik' above.

It works like a charm and in fact has proven more stable to me than Vista. I had some blue screen issues with Vista and to date have not had 1 blue screen with XP.

Patience is definitely a virtue :)

Granville

Just wanted to also let everyone know that I have the MT6456 and also followed "mautik" and waaaalaaaa. I am running XP with all drivers including the wireless working flawlessly. Awsome work mautik.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back