Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

XP DOS Print, Need to print x copies

Status
Not open for further replies.

richsweeney

Technical User
Feb 28, 2004
US
I am using fp2.6 in xp. Thanks to this forum I now can print to various printers on the network using NetUse.

I have a few reports that used to print to a novel que. And to print more than 1 copy was very easy.

Short of running a big loop, is there a command line I could use?
I think right now all I am using before every report is
set printer to lpt3,
Just thought now, one could create a printer on lpt4 that would print 2 copies all the time.

Thanks

"Just thought now, one could create a printer on lpt4 that would print 2 copies all the time."

My work with Novell was a LONG time ago, but I don't remember being able to fix the number of print copies in the Novel Print Definition (I could be wrong).

However, within XP you should be able to set a fixed number of copies for an individual Print Driver. You would only then have to tell your FP application to use THAT printer (not its LP port) when you wanted to print.

"Short of running a big loop"

You don't need a BIG loop

Code:
* --- Do Whatever To Create the Report's Data Table/Cursor ---
  <Do Whatever>

* --- Now That All Data Is Ready, Print 2 Copies ---
FOR Cntr = 1 TO 2
   SELECT MyRptDBF
   GO TOP
   REPORT FORM MyReport NOCONSOLE TO PRINTER
ENDFOR

Good Luck,