Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

XP desktop can't mount mapped drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbruce66

IS-IT--Management
Jun 12, 2002
US
I am running an XP desktop which i slimmed down using Nlite. The desktop works great except for one thing. Once it is on the domain it is supposed to, as part of group policy, map a shared folder to my computer. When i open my computer i have nothing.

What i need to know is is there a service that i deleted that i is used to map this drive that i shouldn't have? What else may be causing the issue? Normal xp desktops can map the same shared folder with no problem so I'm assuming that it is not a problem on the domain side.

I also do not think the desktop is having problems with Group Policy in general because when i log in it automatically redirects the my documents folder as part of GP.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

SB

I forgot to specify that this is a 2003 domain that this is logging into using DHCP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back