Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

XP clients being logged off unexpectedly

Status
Not open for further replies.

cullis

Technical User
Nov 25, 2003
GB
Hi all,

I'm having a problem with XP client machines being logged off from my w2k3 sbs server for no aparent reason, anyone experienced this?? any resolutions??
I've checked the 'Hours of use' settings which are at max.

Cheers

I am having a similar problem, on full W2K3 server, but only one XP client (out of 6 in the office) has the problem. I also have the problem with Win98 machines, but no problems at all with Win2000 machines.

Would appreciate any and all suggestions. Have disabled the disconnect when idle setting on the server, and also disabled the autodisconnect feature on the server, and did the same on the XP client.

Thanks.

I am having the same problem.
Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 138365
may work just testing it now.

I tried the suggested fix from that KB article, but the XP machine still disconencts from the network.

I am writing a tip for which will be published soon.

XP disconnection issue
1. Try to disable autodisconnection feature first.
2. If disabling autoconnection doesn't fix the problem and other workstations don't have the same issue, check the hardware settings, for example, configure the computer' network cards for half duplex.  Most Hubs don't support full duplex.

Robert Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
Windows, Network and How to at

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back