Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

XP boot disk /w CD ROM drivers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seegee

Technical User
Jun 12, 2001
US
Is there a way to make a 98 book disk from XP? or a utility that might be on the 98 CD that might allow me to make a boot disk without having to install 98?

To: Linney

Your suggestion re: a 98 Windows boot disk seems fine, with at least one exeption.
You mention copying format, Fdisk, etc to the disk.

I cannot find "FDISK" within WindowsXP.

Is it still there, and can you advise as to how to locate it?

Thanks,

Larry Morse

You are right about Fdisk. But if you can't get a copy from a friend, do go and check out those links and download the correct start up disk.

A word of caution about XP's Format too. I'm not sure it would be safe to use it on a win 9x system. It would be much wiser to copy these extra utilites from a win 9x system.

I am running XP under Fat32 system and often use an old ME startup disc to get into DOS. If I wanted to copy Format or Fdisk that is where I would get it from. (The ME startup disk).

Just in case you hadn't found it, there is a new command in WindowsXP,
called DISKPART. Haven't really figured out all it does, or how to use it, but it
is there.

Larry Morse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back