Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

XP Boot Disk and Fdisk / Format guidance 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

woody2002

IS-IT--Management
Jan 3, 2003
GB
I need some help...

I've had problems with a friends PC (last time I offer to do ANYTHING!!) ;-) I won't go into too much detail as its rather boring, but basically I need to rebuild his PC. I have XP and I try to boot from the CD-ROM, but it comes back with a boot error - I think the CD Drive isn't bootable, so can someone please point me in the direction or give me some advice as to how I can make a boot disk for XP and Fdisk and Format his existing harddrive so I can install XP for him and end this living nightmare! [morning]

Go to and download the Windows Xp Boot disks. You can use these to start the Setup from the Windows XP cd that you have there. Then follow these instructions for Formatting/Partitioning the Drive during setup.
Greg Palmer

----------------------------------------
Any feed back is appreciated.

Cheers Greg - thanks for pointing me in the right direction, all is now sorted! [2thumbsup]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back