Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

XP and Outlook 97 don't mix? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

G0AOZ

Technical User
Nov 6, 2002
GB
Brand new clean install of XP Pro SP2 and fresh install of Word, Excel and Outlook from the Office 97 suite on Asus P5P800 SE with 1Gb RAM. Internet connection via ADSL modem/router.

Word and Excel are fine, but Outlook appears to hang when trying to send or receive e-mail. Nothing is sent or received, and there are no error messages. Task manager reports application still running, but have to force it to close down. Tried an uninstall and reinstall, but no joy.

Temporarily using Outlook Express (which works fine), but users wishes to continue utilising Outlook 97. Any clues please?

ROGER - G0AOZ.

Is your Office up to date? I think SR2b is the latest package. If it is not, I would try to find that update and install it.

Yup, that did the trick! Just goes to show you shouldn't trust the user to tell you what Service Release is installed! Thanks.

ROGER - G0AOZ.

Can favorites from Internet explorer be transferred from one computer to another.

BIGBL - probably should have created a new thread on this, but...Favorites is simply a folder under each user's profile. Copying the contents of this folder will create all the same links in the Favorites menu in IE on the target machine.

Open IE with the User in question Logged in, Click on the File menu, then Import and Export, follow the Wizard to Export the Favorites. Go to the My Documents folder and copy the file Bookmark.html and Import it where ever you want to. It will not overight what is already there just add the items.

HTH
Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back