Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

XP and Office 2000 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

stancer

Programmer
Jan 16, 2003
US
I just got a new computer with XP Pro, Service Pack 2, and was wondering if I can install Office 2000 without issues. Are there any problems I'm likely to encounter?

Thanks in advance!

No you shouldn't have any problems I have done it, though if your computer came with office 2003 trial I would remove that first, also if it came with a trial of Mcaffe virus protection and you are going to use Outlook you will run into a problem when your Mcaffe expires so I would remove that also and purchase another virus protection software.

Thank you - I was worried about system file overwrite during the installation. I'll take your advice about the Office 2003 trial, and I've installed AVG anti-virus (free version), and ZoneAlarm (after disabling the XP firewall). I'm still having issues with Explorer locking the desktop on a regular basis, and Googling the issue yields no fix results. Seems it is a common problem with SP2... got any ideas about that? Or should I ask in another forum?

Thanks again in advance!

Im not sure what you mean by explorer locking the desktop, though I would start by looking into the AVG and/or Zone Alarm causing that issue. Hope this helps. You might have luck in one of the other Windows software forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back