Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

xp and mapping script

Status
Not open for further replies.

groovyfill

IS-IT--Management
May 21, 2003
BE
hi,

i have some problems with my xp clients on the domain .
pdc = w2kserver

normaly i use a mapping network drive script ,...
it seems 2 work on my w2k workstations but not on the win XP clients ...is there a difference between xp and w2k for this issue ?

how can i make it work
and can somebody show me a good script ...so that i can base myself on it ?

thnks alot

greetz

he emidiatly asks for the password when he start reading the first net use line

so i can not delete any line's ....tha mapping network drives true GUI gives no problem it works .

thats why i find it so strange he keeps asking for name and passw every time on every single machine & user .

the mapping true gui works ...but i am not planning to do that on all 45 clients and fr all 100 users ..it will cost me days

greetz ....and thank you all for the help and thinking

someone have a solution ?

OK, logon without running the login script, then drop to a command prompt and type the line manually.

That might give us a clue?

doesnt ask password ..makes the mapping

don't forget he also makes the mapping with the script ...but the script pauses ...asking you for username and pass

greetz

So it's not the mapping which requires the password.

Take all the lines apart from net use out, see if it does the same.

(Funny thing is, I've got a problem here at work which is causing me just as many problems, I guess I should be trying to work that one out first! ;-) lol)

ok guys

i deleted everything in the script exept the net use command's and it works

thanks thanks thanks

for all the suffering :)

greetz

groovy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back