Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

XP and EZCD creator

Status
Not open for further replies.

bendster

MIS
Oct 15, 2002
US
i have XP professional and installed EZCD creator for my burner and now i get a blue screen stop error...it says IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and fails to boot....i tried Safe mode and tried booting from the last known config both come up with the same result....the only thing i am able to get to is the recovery console, which brings me into a Dos like environment what can i do from here to get it working....please help me out!!! thanks for any help you can give

I think you have a major conflict with XP and your burning software. If you can get into Safe mode and access System Restore you can use this to go back in time before you installed EZCD. If your only option is Recovery Console (now I'm only guessing here) Try this, get into your Bios and set it for step by step booting. Notice what the last item before crash is. If it relates to EZCD you have a choice to use Recovery Console to Delete it (I don't know if you can uninstall from Recovery Console) Like I said I'm only guessing here. Wait for more expert help. You might have to reformat to solve this. I hope you can find some easier solution so you can use the driver rollback or System Restore. When it is eventually all fixed (as it will be soon), you will need the very latest updates that are compatible with XP if you are going to use EZCD.

just an FYI....i found the fix for EZCD creator and XP for people who are having the problem I was listed above......you have to go to the recovery console and rename Prtseqrd.sys to Prtseqrd.rox. It should be in c:\winnt\system32\drivers...suprisingly enough found it on Roxios website after a long long search...hope it helps

I was just about to reply letting you know that EZ CD Creator 4 will definitely not work with XP, when I read bendster's post. Is that version 4 by any chance you are talking about bendster? That would be a really big help to me, for one. Version 5 requires the outlay of at least $80, even for owners of version 4. Thanks.

rename Prtseqrd.sys to Prtseqrd.rox. in c:\winnt\system32\drivers... or install EZCD4 and forget about the NON compatiblely... simply do not install DIRECT CD... it already there..or Install EZCD 5.xx minus Direct CD and Take TWO. Frank Smith
s0121@starband.net
"SomeWhere in Kansas--"Near Dodge City"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back