Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

xolehlp.dll 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir713

Technical User
Feb 2, 2003
US
To whom it may concern: When I run Norton system works 2002 I get this problem message. (One or more programs on your computer reference files that are inaccessible or cannot be found. This might cause a program to run improperly or not at all.

Missing file: "C:\program files\common medium problem
"files\Borland shared\BDE\disp.dll"
C:\program files\common files\Borland shared\BDE\disp.dll" cannot act as a necessary file, "xolehlp.dll
I know that it has something to do with
Wordperfect version 10. Can anyone help?
Thank you, Sir713

I get the same message: (Missing file: "C:\program files\common medium problem
"files\Borland shared\BDE\disp.dll"
C:\program files\common files\Borland shared\BDE\disp.dll" cannot act as a necessary file, "xolehlp.dll)
If you ever get the answer to the problem would you let me know? I don't like the little red light staying on in my Nortons and so far haven't found any way to solve the problem. Ramona

Missing .dll's? Try this link:
It's dll heaven. I had the same message from Norton and found all the dll's i needed until i was no longer Nortonized . . . .

I found the dll file at site listed on May 23, 2003.
Looks like the code was written for "xolehlD.dll"
NOT xolehlp.dll. I have been ignoring this error for two years. I have downloaded the "index.php3: file as a fix.

May be the xolehlp.dll was spelled correctly. I have been searching for it incorrectly? Anyway, after i made this fix ,Norton asked for msdtcprx.dll. I also found it @ Just save to file and put it into the correct folder and change index.php3 to xolehlp.dll the first time and to msdtcprx.dll the second time.

OK,OK,OK. The next dll Norton asks for is mtcxlu.dll.
Etc.,Etc.,Etc.

Hope this helps....

BDE=Borland Database Engine
That is the underlying engine for Paradox. Depending on the version of WP Suite you have depends on if this is going to be a problem. DriversHQ and other sites usually have the .dll's your looking for to install in the directories, install service packs when appropriate, and set Norton's to do one scan's and repair the problems.

HTH,
Comp

dll.yaroslavl.ru is the site to go but you may as well pull these dll's down XOLEHLP.DLL, MSDTCPRX.DLL and MTXCLU.DLL it seems these three are dependant on each other but NORTON will only flag one at a time

Status
Not open for further replies.