Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

XMWK question

Status
Not open for further replies.

goss50

Technical User
Oct 30, 2003
US
I am trying to add a message light on a phone for a bridged appearance and am having trouble. My Opt 61 C is Release 24.
On ext 6999 I have added an appearance of 6262. I also added a XMWK 6100 (<--- Octel vmx #) 6262 on the next key.
I found that the button was not lighting up or flashing when there was a message. So I came back and searched and found that I needed to add SMWA to the CLS but I get an error when I try it.
Not an SCHO error just an error that says ERR 3056.
In the CLS I see SMWD.
Thanks,
Goss

You must have that extension programmed on the phone to add a XMWK for it.

The Primary ext on the phone is 6999, the added extension on key 10 is 6262, the XMWK 6100 6262 is on button 11.

Then all you should have to do is change in the class of service LMPN to LMPX and XMWD to XMWI

that err just lets you know you knocked down the call.. after the change cls was still smwd? do you have mwa and a mwk lamp on the set.. i've had to add those to get the overhead to light with xmwk..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

TAnselm I will go try that now.

just to be sure I am changing the CLS on ext 6999, correct?

That is correct. On the phone you want to have extended message waiting, you add XMWI to enable xtended message waiting and LMPN to light the message waiting light for both the primary and any extended message waiting keys.

Did I read this right, you are trying to get this to work with an Octel VM system, not a Meridian Mail or a Call Pilot?

should mater, the switch tells the mail which light to turn on.. i've helped someone set it up on octel and it worked... octel is not a bad mail, but i wouldn't buy one unless octel could build an 81c to marry it to.. in most places with a dual vendor setup, management saves 10K and makes the purchase based on zero tech imput.. they save a few dollars up front and pay for that mistake for a decade

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Well I know the integration works with regular messaging waiting indications, I wasn't aware that you could make the XMWK or RMWK work with a third party platform.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back