Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

XML4 SP1 Update Queries - Network related

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olster

Technical User
Mar 26, 2003
AU
This relates to updating to XML4 SP1 on win2K workstations running SP2 and XML 3. Does the update overwrite old versions of XML or do they need to be un-installed. Also where can you see what versions of XML are currently installed on a Win2K PC.

Thank You in advance
Olster

Olster,

Did you ever find your answers to this question? I am kind of curious myself if I can find a shortcut =)

Thanx!

-Z

TheZeDD,

only thing I found was doing a search on the PC for msxml found me msxml.dll in the system32 folder. I checked the properties of this and under the version tab it shows 8.0.6730.0

This still does not tell me if it is versio 2,3 or 4 and some of the other groups I have looked through have no aswer for similar questions.

Was referred to this Microsoft link which does nothing more than tell me what i already know.

At this stage it seems Microsoft are weaving magic again at making it a challenge to find out information that should be easily available.

Let me know if you come across anything.

Olster

You can install and update any current xml you have.

XM4 does not over write any previous version and all can be run on one machine.

There is a SP2 update for xml 4 as well as updates to the default xml pack included with your 2k.

Are you having issues or ?

-Z

TheZeDD,

we weren't having issues with XML4 just that an organisation that our client deals with were requiring we have XML4 on all our PC's. As all the PC's are running on an SOE I thought if I could check what the existing version of XML is on one of the SOE PC's it would save deploying XML for no reason.
We ended up scripting the install of XML4 in the login script.

Thanks for your help.

Olster

" Does the update overwrite old versions of XML or do they need to be un-installed."

Well, again, all xml installs may run congruent and do not over write each other.

Now, finding what xml and updates you have or need updating to. I guess for the most part just install the XML4 and X4-SP2. Again, they may run concurrent with your existing installs.

For finding this info, hoo humm. I didnt see you post what OS your loking to do this on =)

Do a query search from google on how to ascertain this info on the systems in question along with (possibly) what java version your running.

Keep Us Posted...

-Z

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back