Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

xml?

Status
Not open for further replies.

john22471

Technical User
Dec 10, 2003
SG
Hi, I am new to xml and xml schema. My question is, What software that I can use to generate xml file and schema. I know it can be written but I find it troublesome if I will have to create a all declaration manually because I wanted to pull a lot of information from another system.

Appreciate your help....

It's possible that the creator of the data on the other system already has a schema file for it. The top of the file should give the name of the schema that the data should be validated against.

If you want to modify or filter their xml data, that's a job for XSL. For example, if the original file has <name><first>Joe</first><last>Smith</last></name> and you want your file to have <firstname>Joe</firstname><lastname>Smith</lastname> or you want to drop all people with the last name Jones, you need XSL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back