Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

XML Validation error

Status
Not open for further replies.

venkatpavan

Programmer
Feb 18, 2006
SG
Hi,

I'm using WTX 8.2 version and trying to validate XML through XSD but receiving below error,

<!-- Building the object model. -->
<StatusMessage>XMLParser: Input XML data is invalid.</StatusMessage>
<DetailedStatusMessage>
Error (-1), "XMLParser: Error(s) occurred."
SAXParseException, Error [line: 2 column: 73] Schema in C:\ABC\XYZ\XYZ\qwerty.xsd has a different target namespace from the one specified in the instance document .

I checked XML as well as XSD and target namespace is exact same,Does anybody ever saw this kind of error ?

Thanks,

I found this reply on IBM's developerWorks:
Removing the entry
<!DOCTYPE xs:schema PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XMLSCHEMA 200102//EN" "XMLSchema.dtd"> from the xml.xsd fixed the issue.
Not sure, why that was causing issue. XML spy is saying, well formatted, but xml importer was throwing warning.
Anyway, it works now.

In the card settings of the xml input, can you change the DocumentVerification to "Well Formed (Xerces only)" if you are using a type tree created as Xerces and try that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back