Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

XML to retrieve NewsItem ID for the reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

dengocp

Vendor
Jul 13, 2004
AU
Any body know how to retrieve the NewsItem ID for the reports in a NewsBox by using xml script under Unix command

Don't think that you can do it for a specific report as everything is based off of the ID's.

If you've implemented IWR Auditing, you could use the IWR Auditing files to capture the Report Name along with it's NewsId.
If you wanted to do anything against Upfront, you could then use the NewsIds to reference the objects in Upfront.

Pain is stress leaving the body.

DoubleD [bigcheeks]

Should be able to use the "upfcommand" executable to perform a describe DescribeNewsBox. This will output an xml file with all NewsItem Ids.

Check the Upfront developers guide for more info on the command.

Thanks for all your replies

The reason I would like to get this NewsItem IDs is:

Our application produce reports for each month.

So we replicate the contents of the reports into monthly Newsbox but the NewsItem IDs also changed and we need to get these NewsItems IDs so we can change the security permission for each users who will view the report

There is response mentioned IWR audit file. What directory is the audit file located.

Thanks

Cognos offers complete documentation on IWR Auditing in their help files, but I believe for Series 7 you have to define where you want the Audit logs stored.

Pain is stress leaving the body.

DoubleD [bigcheeks]

Someone susggested to use DescribeNewsBox xml command

I put the following xml commands into myxml.xml file :

<DescribeNewsBox RequestId="June 2004"><Filter><Select>UP.Name = 'June 2004'</Select></Filter></DescribeNewsBox>

and run the following command:

./UpfrontCmd -u admin -p admin123 -s iwrser1 -f myxml.xml

But there is no output but the result is success. Here is the output of the command.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1" standalone="yes"?><Result xmlns=" ResultCode="Success"></Standard_Result></Result>

However, when I used the same command in the Internet Explorer in the URL. The output showed me what I need to know.

Anybody know why under the Unix command there is no output ?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back