Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

XML to Excel to XML

Status
Not open for further replies.

XMLNewb

Programmer
Jan 15, 2008
US
Hello everyone,

I have a problem that is probably easy to some of you but since I am new to XML I have no idea what to do. I have an XML document that I open with Excel, I then need to make changes and save it back as an XML document. However, when I attempt to do the save I receive the following error "Cannot save or export XML data. The XML maps in this workbook are not exportable." Any suggestions??

Here is what is in the XML file:

Thanks!!

I had a similar problem with the denormalized data. Here is what you do to fix it: this is based on the file you attached:

Step one: Select any cell inside the Blue Box (click) data>>>List>>>Resize List (a little dialog appears) =$A$1:$N$4 Change to =$I$1:$N$4

Step2: Remove data in cells A3 through H3

Step 3: Highlight Cells A2 Through H2 Then
(click) data>>>XML>>>XML Source ,(you will see the XML task screen to right) Note: some headers are Bold and others are not Bold... you want to select all the ones that are NOT bold by holding ctrl key and selecting... ((This is cells A2 through H2 that you just highlighted))

After selected right click over the XML task screen and select Map Element a little box appears It now should say: A2:H2>>Click Okay

Step 4: In your ID column there is a weird Icon, (I dont know what to call it) It makes an appearance in cell I2 Click that and select option.... Place XML headers Above

Step 5: on the XML Task pane: Click the link that says Verify Map for Export..

You should be good to go on this example...

Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back