Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

XML in Indesign

Status
Not open for further replies.

gwh3

Technical User
May 14, 2009
AU
Hi everyone,

I'm using the xml features in indesign to create an online version of a book. In this online version, the first level headings in the table of contents (which list the chapter names) will act as a hyperlink to the xhtml page that it links to. I can tag each of the table of contents entries with an xml tag using the tags panel but I'm trying to find a way to automatically add an attribute to all these "first level" tags so they can act as anchor tags when it finally reaches the xhtml stage.

At the moment I can click on the tag in the structures pane and then choose "new attribute" from the flyout menu but I'd have to do this for each of the tags that represent first level headings throughout the document. This would mean I'd have to do it about 50 times since there are that many chapters in the book.

Is there a way to target a group of discontiguous tag names and apply an attribute to all of them at once (as they will all have the same attribute name and value pair and will be changed programmatically via xml programming)?

Or is there a way to import a tag into the tags panel that already has this attribute applied?

Appreciate any assistance.

Thanks - I'll give the find/change a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back