Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

XML in DTS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fredong

IS-IT--Management
Sep 19, 2001
US
Hi All,
I have a xml document to import and export and how do I go about using the DTS to import the XML file as well as export it? BTW I am new to XML.I do not know how to call the XML file and data and insert it into SQLserver or vice versa. Any example will be greatly appreciated.Thanks.

One last thing to try. Post the contents of your error log (NWError.LOG)

Well Done is better than well said
- Ben Franklin

Here you go on the errorlog,

<?xml version="1.0"?><Result State="FAILED"><Error><HResult>0xC00CEE2D</HResult><Description><![CDATA[Schema: unable to load schema 'books.xsd'. An error occurred (Incorrect document syntax.) at line 1 column 1.]]></Description><Source>Schema mapping</Source><Type>FATAL</Type></Error></Result>

The only thing I can think of, is setting which version of XML to use

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

This will go on the line above
<xsd:schema xmlns:xsd="
Maybe to should ask the XML guys.

But here is a quick check list for you

1. SQLXML 3.0 sp3 installed and running

2. No characters before the first <

3. You have access to the folder where the xsd file is stored.

4. Your server can see your xsd file (remember that the c: drive on the server is different from the C: drive on your local machine. Unless you are working directly on the server)

And if all else fails, there is always OPENXML in T-SQL.

When you get it working let me know what the problem was...

Good luck

- Ben Franklin

Most of them I have answers except question 1. see my Answers.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

This will go on the line above
<xsd:schema xmlns:xsd="Ans -- I have tried placeing the UTF this but to no avail.

But here is a quick check list for you

1. SQLXML 3.0 sp3 installed and running
Ans: How Can I find out if this is installed and running?

2. No characters before the first <
Ans: I have checked that and I do not have characters before <

3. You have access to the folder where the xsd file is stored.

I have accessed to the folder

4. Your server can see your xsd file (remember that the c: drive on the server is different from the C: drive on your local machine. Unless you are working directly on the server)
Ans: I have tried on the server as well as on my computers. Still not working.

Thanks.

BTW...this is going to be like asking if the computer is plugged in; but is MSXML 4.0 sp2 installed?

Check by going to control panel-> Add/remove programs and look if you see any version of MSXML on the program list.

- Ben Franklin

Hi nice95gle,
First of all, I want to thank you for your help and patience. I finally found out my problem. I have saved the Books.xsd and Books.xml in WORDPAD instead of NOTEPAD. WORDPAD has added invisible format texts more than I needed that caused the problems. Gob bless you. Thanks once again.

Happy it worked out for you [thumbsup]

- Ben Franklin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back