Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

XML Export: Change schema

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 2, 2005
US
I've been looking at the XML export function in XI becuase I have a need to import data into a vendor's system using XML. I've spent time inthe XML expert area and can see how to limit which tags are present but I'm wondering how I can modify the tags....

For example I need:

<item_id>12345</item_id>

but I'm getting:

<item_id FieldName="purchase_order.item">12345</item_id>

Is there a way to either alter the attribute or remove them all together????

Sorry I'm not very versed in XML...Crystal seems a bit limited here....

Thanks a million!!!

Before jumping into the conclusion that XML is the way to go, did you consider using ODBC export? If the issue is that ODBC exports can't append data to existing tables, there are 3rd-party tools (see: that solve that issue.

- Ido

Visual CUT & DataLink Viewer:
view, e-mail, export, burst, distribute, and schedule Crystal Reports.

We are doing an HTTP POST where the vendor needs a specific XML schema for import into their system. If everything was on the same system then we would probably be able to get ODBC to work or simply write a quick interface, but we are working with different systems....

If you go to the Option Report->XML Expert and select the Custom XML option you will be able to write your own XML.

I am currently using this but I am having some issues when a have a report with multiples detail sections. I am unable to use a field value when creating the tag for the Detail Header, if you run into this issue let me know.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back