Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

xml digital signature api apache.org

Status
Not open for further replies.

demuynckr

Technical User
Mar 1, 2005
BE
hello,

I have made this tool to sign and validate xml files with digital signatures with the ibm security suite. Unfortunately this suite is not for free. I noticed apache.org had an API for this purposes to.
However i run into some problems during the installation process(mind that i am rather new to the 'ant' tool :)).
The installation process:When i do "ant test" from in the root directory ("...Desktop\xml-security-bin-1_2_1\xml-security-1_2_1") I get error, i also downloaded the file "jce-jdk13-124.jar" manually and put it in the libs/ directory with the name "bc-jce-jdk13-124.jar" but the build always failes. At the start it always says:Could not load definitions from resource clovertask. It could not be found.

Why did you rename the jce-jdk13-124.jar? (Or is it a typo in your post?)

Tim
---------------------------
"Your morbid fear of losing,
destroys the lives you're using." - Ozzy

The installation notes said the following(its the link from my previous note, the title says "where did my jce go ":
"The ant make tools initiates an automated download of the BouncyCastle JCE. The file is downloaded into the libs/ directory and a "bc-" is prepended to the filename. This is done because we want the provider name (bc means BouncyCastle) being visible in the JAR's filename. "

This means that normally if you start compiling with ant, it downloads the file and puts it in the libs/ directory and puts bc- before it, but i did not download succesfully for me, so i just downloaded it manually, and gave it the name ant would do, now it does not try downloading again, so i do not think that is the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back