Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

XML Data not loading, works on local machine, not server

Status
Not open for further replies.

mongous

Technical User
Jun 18, 2002
US
I have a (modest albeit) resume in html format that I am working on, using xml data to load my experience page.

It functions beautifully on my local machine, but since I uploaded the files to my home directory at Comcast the XML data is not being loaded.

When I try to use the navigation buttons to see if it will load I get an error at the bottom of the browser page:
THE OPERATION IS NOT ALLOWED WHEN THE OBJECT IS CLOSED.

Can anyone help me with this? I kinda NEED it to work since it's my resume!

Here is the page:

Thanks in advance.

I think it's a upper/lower case issue. Your source code is looking for but the file's actually called . This doesn't matter on Windows boxes, but Unix/Linux cares about such things.

Incidentally, I'd be wary about making your resume too interactive. Prospective employers might want to print out a copy for future reference - difficult if it's all on multiple pages strung together with Javascript. Maybe have a "printer-friendly" all-on-one-page version somewhere?

Oh, and that dark red on black background is quite difficult to read.

-- Chris Hunt

Wow. I didn't even notice! Thanks alot. I will give it a try, and thanks for the feedback in general!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back