Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

xm radio roady for moh

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmmheyhey

Technical User
Jul 26, 2003
US
Hello--just wondering if it is possible to splice into a xm roady that is used to a companies receiver for their overhead speakers. I need to it for the moh on a nec dsx 80 phone system. Tried splitting the signal at the mini plug outlet from the roady, but it will only go to the phone system, OR the overheads, not both. Can I grab it at the rca jacks for both? Would really appreciate your help. I suggested the ohp like usual for the ksu, but they don't want to spend more money, and they don't want the cheapie radio because of the competitions radio ads...thank you all for any ideas...

Hi touchtonetommy! The dsx has two seperate moh ports so I can give that a try. I thank you for the link and great idea! much appreciated.

One thing to keep in mind, as it pertains to background and MOH applications, is that the company will need to secure licenses from publishers like ASCAP and EMI.

Fines for violating the law are steep. [sadeyes]

XM in particular offers a commercial subscription:

"With an XM Commercial Service package for your business, XM reports and pays all commercial licensing and royalty obligations to the artists"

Commercial accounts are only 27.95 per month - not a bad deal

That is a great price! The boss won't be back in until next wednesday, at which time I'm going to try and talk him into the ohp because I found a company that will do a custom voice over cd up to two minutes for 24.95, very reasonable. Thank you for your help guys!

the ohp comes with a coupon good for a free custom message , while customers like the concept I have only had a few actually customize them , most are happy with the default selection

depending on the business , I have one customer with a chain of stores that does a lot of TV advertising , He got the TV station to do a custom message as part of his contract and we uploaded it to all the MOH units

something to think about

you can splice the cable going from the overhead paging unit from the xm radio. Splice a new wire from that connection to the MOH port. Make the splice before the paging unit, have not had any problems other than having a beanie or tape splice in plain view of the xm radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back