Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

XLS to PDF Conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

lannychiu

Programmer
Nov 24, 2004
US
Hello All,

I am a newbie to using access and had a question that I was hoping someone could provide insight into.

I was wondering if there is a simple command line function to convert an Excel Worksheet into a PDF file. Thanks in advance for the help.

Cheers,

Lanny

Err...that is I am a newbie to Adobe Acrobate (and apparently to spelling)

Is there a way to add a custom folder to the list of locations that are on the left side of the "Save As" dialog box? So when I choose "Save As", I can select my folder from the list on the left side of the box instead of having to navigate to its location each time. In Microsoft apps, this is referred to as "My Places.

Sorry for previous post, this was saved in the wrong place, please ignore.

What I did was write a C# application which uses COM automation. It opens the Spreadsheet, iterates through all visible worksheets, prints them to a PostScript file. Then, it automates Distiller to convert the PostScript to PDF.

Round-about, but it works great.

Thomas D. Greer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back