Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

xlDialogSendMail syntax

Status
Not open for further replies.

siktir23

Technical User
Mar 7, 2008
US
I am trying to add multiple email addresses to send an email in Outlook via a Microsoft Exchange Server. I can get it to send using one email address, but I can't figure out the syntax to add a second email address because Outlook doesn't recognize the automated input of the email addresses if they are separated by a semi-colon.

Example that works:
Application.Dialogs(xlDialogSendMail).Show "email1@address.com", "Subject"

Example that doesn't work:
Application.Dialogs(xlDialogSendMail).Show "email1@address.com; email2@address.com", "Subject"

Any suggestions? Thanks!

DJ

Have you tried a comma instead of the semi-colon ?
Have you tried to remove the space ?

Hope This Helps, PH.
FAQ219-2884
FAQ181-2886

PHV,

Yes, I've tried every different syntax I can think of. It's like Outlook is trying to verify the entire line as one big email address.

If I click on each address, hit the space bar then back space, Outlook recognizes the first address, then if I space/back space on the second address, it does fine too. But, that kind of defeats the whle purpose.

I'm trying to make the process idiot proof for the people I work with.

Is there a way to add a second address to the CC block?

What about this ?
Application.Dialogs(xlDialogSendMail).Show Array("email1@address.com", "email2@address.com"), "Subject"

Hope This Helps, PH.
FAQ219-2884
FAQ181-2886

Nope, I get the same error when I click the "Send" button.

It's a "Check Names" error box that states:

Microsoft Office does not recognize "email1@address.com; email2@address.com".

A nice simple way to accomplish this is the declare the email addresses in variables then use:

Code:
ActiveWorkbook.SendMail _
     Recipients:=Array(emailaddy, emailaddy2, emailaddy3), _
     Subject:="Subject Goes Here"

This way you can have as many email addresses as you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back