Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

XLATE ?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

iiiiss

Technical User
Oct 28, 2002
AT
HI

Sorry this may sound a bit stupid but what does the error message : "Deny .... (No xlate)..." mean and whats more important ....... what can I do to solve this problem ?
Is this a routing issue ??

Thanks for the help

Hi again !

Please can anyone explain to me what "no translation group found" means ? I think this has something to do with the "no xlate" message ..

Best regards

Hi

Explanation|: This message logs when a nat and global command cannot be found for a protocol, The protocol can be TCP, UDP, or ICMP.
Action : This message can be either an internal error or an error in the configuration.

Thanks but I read the Cisco Page too *G*.... doesn´t really help me much but thanks for the response

Thanks for the help . Here are more specific informations :

I just want to ping from dmz to a network on the inside interface (access-lists are correct).

dmz workstation x.x.x.2 dmz interface x.x.x.1

inside interface x.x.166.2 router on the inside interface has x.x.166.1

server to ping has x.x.166.8

I can ping from the server to the dmz server but not visa versa .
--------------------
route inside x.x.165.160 x.x.x.x x.x.166.1 1
--------------------

I would like to set a default route for the inside interface but that seems to be impossible is that right ?

Do I need any other route entries ???

Thanks for the help

Ok I think I figured it out myselfe... I just have to use
a static command ...

Thanks for the help.

Best regards

Was the static command something like this?
"static (inside,dmz) 192.168.0.0 192.168.0.0 netmask 255.255.0.0 0 0"
It seems a bit bizarre, but you do need them.

-gbiello

Yeah was something .... but the IP addresses weren´t the same on the inside and the dmz because thats not possible but basically you are right.

HI.

Please note that the basic idea of DMZ is that it cannot initiate connections to internal hosts (only to accept connections originated inside).

Using the "static" command might lead to a security breach, and you I would favor the more traditional design - the DMZ server cannot ping the inside.

Bye
Yizhar Hurwitz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back