Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

XL VBA in regards to IE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VulcanJedi

Technical User
Oct 2, 2002
US
I have requested help before...but I'll give er another shot?!

I have written code, but sometimes dependant on the system, the XL file is opened in IE. This usually if not always crashed code.
Is there a way to write code accordingly?
or
Prevent IE from opening XL files?

TIA,
tranpkp Tranpkp
- Let me know if this helped/worked!

Hi,

Are these files being downloaded of the Internet/Intranet. If so you may have to alter how the excel files are opened.

If you open up Windows Explorer and then select View - Options. Then select the File Types tab. From here find the reference to Microsoft Excel Worksheet. Select it and then press Edit. You may see an option for Browse In Same Window. If it is there it may be checked. This should be unchecked. This will cause Excel to always open in an new instance.

If you need to do this on multiple machines I have a reg file that may be useful. Post your email address and I can send it to you.

Thanks Matt Smith

No two nulls are the same

Hi Matt

Your reg file sounds exectly like what i'm looking for... Could you e-mail me a copy on smyth_hustle@hotmail.com, you will save me about 4 hours of hassle doing this....

Thanking you in advance

Funkmonsteruk

I think that would be great, thanks.
pkp1590@swirvemail.com Tranpkp
- Let me know if this helped/worked!
Please remember to give helpful posts the stars they deserve!
This facilitates navigating threads / posts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back