Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

XL 2010: Conditional Formatting Merging Worksheets from multiple Workbooks

Status
Not open for further replies.

ladyck3

Technical User
Jan 3, 2003
US
I am adding several pages from 3 worksbooks together. In doing so, all of my conditional formatting is gone.

In older XL versions there was a way to import the COLORS form another workbook, but I have no recollection of how to do this....

HOWEVER, is there a way to import the conditional formatting from one workbook to another or do I have to recreate this all over AGAIN (lots of revamps happening) and I'm tired of having to recondition everything. (This would then be the 3rd time and I tell ya, its 2 x 365 days for 17-20 pages <sigh>

HELP!

Thanks!

ladyck3
aka: Laurie :)

hi,

IF...IF....IF....

you open a SEPARATE INSTANCE OF EXCEL from the instance you are merging into, you only get DATA when you copy 'n' paste.

Try using the OPEN feature in the workbook to open each of the 3 workbooks you want to merge the CF.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my old subtlety...
for a NUANCE![tongue][/sub]

I opened all workbooks in the same instance and then copied.. well actually I MOVED the pages from one into the main file, so I think that's what you are talking about?
Your response confuses me a bit.

I'll keep at it...thanks.

Laurie.

ladyck3
aka: Laurie :)

You can use the format painter to copy formatting, including conditional formatting, between workbooks opened in the same instance of Excel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back