Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

XFRX - Are newer versions any faster... 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

GriffMG

Programmer
Mar 4, 2002
FR
I've been using xfrx for a very long time, 2007 I think, and am currently using (I think) version 191.9

I have a project where I need to produce a very large number of reports (call it 2 million) in PDF format and
it looks like it will take about 10 days to complete... which is a tiny bit too long.

As part of my efforts to improve this, I am wondering if anyone has tried any of the more recent versions
before I invest in updating mine.

Regards

Griff
Keep [Smile]ing

There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.

I'm trying to cut down on the use of shrieks (exclamation marks), I'm told they are !good for you.

There is no place like G28 X0 Y0 Z0

mJindrova said:
XFRX has class PDF#READER, this class can get page content:

Thanks, as that is what I was asking... Whether XFRX can return the text. Looks like it can.

Is there a function to return the page number? I'll be looking at the content's output after I finish here.

If I embed the viewer into the form, can I pass search string to it for yellow hit-highlighting?

The idea here is the user searches the database and if the result links to a raster image (tif, bmp, png,....) it shows them in the Leadtools control and if it is a pdf, it will load the XFRX preview control with it's menu turned off. Printing will be handled by the app and not the user (Kiosk mode).

Thanks,
Stanley

Giff,

Sorry for convoluting this thread.

It looked as if mJindrova whow was responding to your questions was very familiar with XFRX and my little question would have been quickly answered (as a side note). My question quickly spun out of control before mJindrova answered it.

Again, sorry for this...
Stanley

I've posted an update here

thread184-1821398

Regards

Griff
Keep [Smile]ing

There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.

I'm trying to cut down on the use of shrieks (exclamation marks), I'm told they are !good for you.

There is no place like G28 X0 Y0 Z0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back