Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Xerox Workcenter 5655 won't communicate page size changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

101scott

Technical User
Apr 27, 2009
US
I have a new Xerox Workcenter 5655 in the office and I do a lot of size adjustments from Adobe PDF. For instance I will open up a sheet that is 30" x 42" (Architectural drawing size) and would like to print it on 11" x 17". On the Canon we used to have, I could change the size under printer preferences and Adobe would be "notified" that the change was made and adjust the sheet accordingly, showing the adjustments with dimensions in the image pane. There is no such communication with this machine. I think it is a setting on the copier, but I am not smart enough to understand everything that is adjustable. Does anyone know what is wrong? I am using the newest driver Xerox provides, the copier is on a network, and I am lost.

Side note, this issue also happens on our new Xerox Workcenter 7345 (color copier), but not on our new Xerox Phaser 3600 office printer.

XP with Service Pack 3
Adobe Reader 8.1.3
PCL 6 Driver version 5.79.16

Thanks, Scott

Hi Scott

I have the same problem with the 7345 and 5645 workcentres, and PDF files with Adobe Acrobat Reader, and Pro. Problem is less pronounced with MS Office, but it is a problem with Autocad drawings.

The Adobe work round I found was to select the paper size and orientation you want from the Print Setup option in the File menu. Then click on File, Print to print the doc.

I can't find out why changing the paper size from File, Print, Properties doesn't work. You really have to change the paper size from the different option Print Setup, which is also on the File menu.

I have seen the problem with 3 different drivers as well.

Both Xerox or Adobe could make a fix. Hopefully one of them will. Xerox possibly, because other brand printers don't have the problem so bad.

Cheers,
Aspectz

I have been in contact with both of my Xerox suppliers. They say it is a driver issue, since I am able to see what paper is in what tray, the workcenter is still communicating, just not completely. I am still trying to find the answer though. I was using a PCL6 driver, they said try the PS driver but that did not work either.

Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back