Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Xerox WC 4150 Scan to email decided to stop working

Status
Not open for further replies.

josht1000

MIS
Feb 17, 2010
US
Hello everyone,

my problem is, my WC has been working perfectly for about a year. I have it set up on a network with a static IP and everything...all of the network and scan to email settings have worked perfectly since the day I installed it until yesterday.

With no apparent reason or cause, now whenever I try to scan to email the screen shows these messages:

Transferring ----> Pending -----> Deleted

And nothing will be sent out to any email address.

I tried changing the printer's IP address to another open IP that I have, and still no dice. I also power cycled EVERYTHING, disconnected, reconnected, etc.

Any help would be appreciated as I spent all day yesterday fiddling with it and NOTHING seems to work .

Thanks!

Ok so I'm replying to this to help any others that may encounter this issue in the future.
I'm usually prone to bash Xerox and their products..but not this time as it seems that one of my firewalls is causing this issue.

What I have done to resolve this issue is create a Gmail account from which to send the scans.
In the workcentre GUI, go to properties, connections/protocol/smtp and change smtp server to: smtp.gmail.com port:25

Then in the scan to email settings under user put : user@gmail.com
and your password of course and check the box that says TLS right under it and you should be good to go.
You can leave the "default from" address blank as google will put your gmail account as the "from" email.

I did this as a quick fix as the user needed to send scans since yesterday, but I still need to pinpoint the source of the block on the IP. And I was unable to see the real problem since the original "from" address was not a "real" address. (as you may or may not know, it doesnt have to be a real address...the xerox machine just needs to know what to put in that field when it sends the email).

Check you current SMTP server and make sure it has not changed either. I was using a ISP smtp for a while that did not need a username/password for a long time then they changed it to require on. Gmail doesn't work on a lot of Xeroxes because google requires ssl authentication which most xeroxes do not support. Not fully sure on the 4150, but I doubt it. There is a long work around to use gmail via a 3rd party prog but it is a pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back