Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Xerox Phaser 860 - Noise and paper Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.

lecris

Technical User
Mar 19, 2006
IT
I have a Xerox phaser 860.
Some times when I send a double copy of a page the first one exit for about 95% but is mantained fron the roller for the last 1/4 of inch and the printer indicate Paper Jam on the upper cover, I open and re-close it and some times the second page exit normally.
Is about 1 month that after printed or in stand by the printer is noise ( is a loop of about 20 tic for 3 or 4 seconds). Rarely the printer reset to xerox logo and worm up.
Please help me.

Check the DM clutch. See if it has been updated.

I want to precise.
My Thektronix Phaser 860N have no duplex unit.
The problem exist when I send two copy of the same document (on two different pages).
I have check the error message and are these:
15:22,721,05:81836
14,22,703,05:81636
13:22,700,02:81636
12:22,700,02:81636
Some times after printing, the printer reset to Xerox logo.
Other times, after print emit about 15 or 20 metallic tic, 1 each quarter of second. (seem to become from the right panel (positioning the printer from front) just over the 8x8 plastic fan).

Please help me

Did you read TCouch's post on the link he provided?

I have read and translate but my printer is a Phaser 860N and not an 8200.
I don't know if internal part are the same !

All the internal parts are the same except the print head, power control board, and the main board.

I have try all in TCouch's post link but noting.
I want to precise that sometimes the solenoid transfix assembly (part 148-0301-01) emit about 15 or 20 metallic tic, 1 each quarter of second.
Rarely when in stand by the priter go to power off and to restart it I need to really power off by switch and restart it.
If I print only one page all goes Ok but if I print 2 copy of the same document all times the second paper jam about 1 inch before exit, (the paper exit for 10 inch and 2 remain into the printer) if I manually lift it it is correctly printed but the printer indicate paper Jam.
To restart printing I need to open and close the upper exit cover.
Please help me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back