Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Xerox Phaser 8200n Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

anm1

Technical User
Aug 31, 2006
AT
Hello!

I got a Xerox Phaser 8200n, that I should repair, but I have no idea what the problem is. When I turn on the Printer, it start the self test, and after it, there is a strange sound. Then i get the error-number: 07,002.44:6107 - what could it be? Is it possible to repair it?

Sorry for my bad english, but I'm from Austria :)

Thanks for your help!

andi

07,002.44:pM_FAULT_PROCESS_MOTOR_STALL

Verify process motor operation with the Process Motor diagnostic test. Also exercise processes run with the process motor; transfix, drum maintenance and head tilt. This can be caused by the power control board. The process motor may have more than one task initiated. Reset all solenoids and the pressure roller prior to cycling power.

I haven't repaired a Xerox, can you tell me how I can run a Process Motor diagnotic test? I cannot get the drum maintenance kit out of the printer, because it doesn't heat up the ink and nobody took it out, when they turned the printer off.
So can you help me with a little bit more details please?

Many Thanks

andi

And where do you get the Error codes from? Is there any side where they are listet?

Thanks

I got the service manual from the internet, but when i start the "process motor diagnostic" the printer locates the Y and X axis and stops at "moving tilt axis to home" - what can I do against it?

Thanks for your help

Greetings from Austria, andy

Andy, there are too many variables to these units to just try anything without extensive knowledge.
The drum maintenence plate could be cracked, the trans-fix solonoid could be sticking, {which is most suspect, a piece of tape on the flapper will help}
CWP assy. could be faulty, etc., etc.
I have found ink overflow blocking up stuff you can't see without really tearing it down. Get a pro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back