Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Xerox Phaser 7700 error 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonbonse

Technical User
Jun 28, 2004
GB
I am investigating error 15 on a phaser 7700 but am unable to reset the error in tech mode as it wont let me enter tech mode. . .

I have switched the printer off and then pressed and held both the back and info keys and powered on. . .still wont go into tech mode. . .

I have the service bulletin for this error.

It says in the manual to test a few points on the engine board but do I have to reset the code first?

Also do I have to unplug the plug and then put the meter probe on the pins?

Also, it says to test pin 11 and 10 on P534 but on the engine board the connector is labelled B15 to B1 on the top row of wires on the connector and on the bottom row of the connector A1 to A15. . .which is pin 10 and 11?

Many thanks all!

It's the clutch that drives the black developer or image unit. It is separate from the color image units/developers.
It is behind the main drive.

If the clutch 116-1539-00 doesn't solve it, then it probably is the Black Developer, or the ATC Sensor which is part of it.

Occaissionally a bad Developer Motor or Image Drum Motor can give the same result.

Whit
Item, Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back