Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Xerox 8570 will not accept "starter" ink...what is the work around

Status
Not open for further replies.

alanrosenauer

IS-IT--Management
Feb 1, 2013
I have a Xerox 8570 printer, and have been purchasing rainbow ink pack for my printer (Xerox brand). These rainbow packs apparently come with a new printer.

When I went to install a new set of ink, I received an error message stating "Starter Ink Quota Exceeded"

How can I continue to use this ink, as it is half the price of the ink in an ink pack?

This is an excerpt from another post: where we discuss cut down 8870 ink being even cheaper than the starter ink.

I just hit the dreaded "Starter ink quota exceeded" on my 8570 (ink p/n 108R00926). Of course I have 4 more boxes of 8570 starter ink on hand. I moved the foot from position "D" to position "C" on each stick using an X-acto knife I heated on our gas stove. The printer took the modified ink fine.

@ oregondean
Need your help. I also have the 8570 and having the same issue with the starter ink. I have looked all over the place trying to find Position 'C' on the stick but could not locate. There is a 'D' and 'A'. Could you please describe it exactly what you mean by moving the foot position. It would be most helpful. I wish someone posted a YouTube video but after relentlessly searching the net, I gave up. Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back