Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Xerox 8560 printing code instead of document

Status
Not open for further replies.

revbill

Technical User
Mar 30, 2006
US
I have a new Xerox 8560 and when I send it documents via USB from my iMac it prints pages of code instead of the document. If I restart the printer it will print the first document I send successfully, then it will print code instead of the document the next time. How do I fix this?

(The code looks like this - pages and pages:

/getrbinumcopiescomment get exec
dup length 0 ne {
cvi userdict exch /xerox$num_copies exch put
dup /NumCopies xerox$num_copies put

}{
pop
} ifelse

...and so on.)

(I own a 8550, I am assuming it is the same)

The Phaser can print in PostSript (PS) or Printer Control Language (PCL) A Mac is going to prefer PS.

Be sure your iMac us using a PS driver, not a PCL driver

I talk to my Phaser via a network cable as I can change the settings via a web page, but it might be possible to make these changes on the front panel screen, just way more cumbersome.

In this pic you can see I am showing off the choices for Ethertalk, you would want to be sure USB was PostScript.

I tried to remain child-like, all I acheived was childish.

Thanks Jimbo!

I couldn't find a way to set the emulation to PS instead of PCL on the USB port, so I just went ahead and connected the printer with a network cable and then followed your instructions - it seems to be working fine now. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back