Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Xerox 8200 warming up between pages

Status
Not open for further replies.

octans

Technical User
Jun 27, 2007
AU
I recently replaced the drum pre-heater bulbs and everything seemed fine. The print quality is perfect.

However I've discovered that I now have another problem that presents with any multi-page document.... The first page prints out quickly (if it is already warmed up), but then each subsequent page says it is "warming up" again for about 45 seconds, along with the usual clunking sounds, then it prints out 2 copies of the page, then "warms up" again in between every page. I don't think it has to do with the pre-heater because those bulbs don't even come on again much once it has reached temperature and has printed the first page.

I will mention that I did put in 220V 300W bulbs, also there is small plastic piece and metal clip from the right hand maintenance drawer guide that has broken off. I couldn't see the purpose of this and have not replaced it yet. The maintenance tray locking lever still is in place though.

Anyone seen this multi-page printing problem before ?
Thank you.

Yes, but the original bulbs were 110V 150W.

Advice received, and other forum threads indicated that people in non-110VAC countries were successful using their easily obtained 220V 300W instead.

Take the side cover off and see if the drum cooling fan is running when it says "warming". That is a catch all for various activities like melting ink or trying to control the drum temp.

In case your printer uses a similar drum heater system...

I have an 850DX and my very frustrating problem turned out to be burned bulb contacts which prevented the shorter warming pulses from get through. However the much stronger power-up pulses would make the bulbs glow brightly whenever the printer was restarted. This lead me on a wild goose chase, believing that the bulbs were ok, I explored all sorts of other possible causes.

See my thread if you think it may help:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back