Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

xerces VC++ installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

michaelkrauklis

Programmer
Dec 5, 2001
US
I'm having some problems getting started using xerces on the windows platform using VC++ 6.0. I can compile a simple application without problems but when I try to build I get a slu of link errors. Most of the link errors are related to virtual functions but not all. I thought maybe the problem was that I wasn't implementing the virtual functions when creating a new SAXParser object(
Code:
SAXParser *parser = new SAXParser();
delete parser;
), but then I tried to compile their example code and I get basically the same link errors. Any ideas? Thanks! MYenigmaSELF:-9
myenigmaself@myenigmaself.gaiden.com
"If debugging is the process of removing bugs, then programming must be the process of putting them in." --Dykstra

haha, man, it's weird how almost every time I pose a question I answer it within minutes of asking. for anyone interested I simply had to add xerces-c_1.lib to the object/library modules. I thought that was implied, but alas, I was incorrect. hopefully that was the only snag I'll run into, thanks anyway:) MYenigmaSELF:-9
myenigmaself@myenigmaself.gaiden.com
"If debugging is the process of removing bugs, then programming must be the process of putting them in." --Dykstra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back