Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

XenDesktop VS XenApp

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 10, 2011
MX
Hello everyone, we are analizing citrix technologies in the company where i work, so i was asked to create a citrix lab to start testing the tool, but i am confused, what we want to do is deliver the desktop and apps to the EU, first using the resources we have (PC, notebooks, etc) and then migrating everything to thin clients, i have read a lot about both technologies but i do not understand, can i use both of them at the same time, or can i just use XenApp to deliver desktop together with Apps???

Thanks for reading!

According to my limited experience, XenApps and XenDesktop can be used together. As you probably know, XenApps is an application farming software and XenDesktop is a virtual desktop software (similar to vmWare and VDI).

Essentially, XenDesktop offers the desktop environment and XenApps offers the applications that run on it.

-Geates

"I hope I can feel and see the change - stop the bleed inside a feel again. Cut the chain of lies you've been feeding my veins; I've got nothing to say to you!"
-Infected Mushroom

"I do not offer answers, only considerations."
- Geates's Disclaimer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back