Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Xenapp 11.0 Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 10, 2003
US
Does anyone have a solution to this issue?

11.0 Client, going into Program Neighborhood to create a Custom ICA Connection. Have been doing this for years. When adding a new connection, normally I type in the server IP. With this new client, it won't let me type it. It specifically tells me the ICA browser cannot find a server on a local subnet, and to add it to the "address list."

I'm not find a way to use this piece of crap client to connect to an old Metaframe XP server.

Is this Citrix's way of simply giving me the finger because I have an older terminal server?

Solution: Prepare the server IP in notepad and copy it into the clipboard. While the client is trying to locate server names (i.e. while the hourglass is showing) you can paste the clipboard contents into the server field. To create further Custom ICA Connections, you can clone the first one without this problem occurring again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back