Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

XDP port on Panasonic KX-T7431

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnyquest888

Technical User
Feb 28, 2005
US
Dear All,

I have a Panasonic KX-T7431 setup on a KX-TD816 as extension 103. There are a total of 4 CO lines. I have a panasonic single line cordless phone connected to the XDP port of the Panasonic KX-T7431.

If I were to get a call on any of the CO line, how do I pick up the specific CO line call with the single line cordless phone?

Is there a way to select which CO line I would like to access to make a call through the single line cordless phone?

How do I transfer the call from the Panasonic KX-T7431 to the single line cordless phone?

I can't seem to find the answers to these questions through any of my manuals. Problem is none of my manuals tell me what buttons to push on the single line cordless phone to get access to extra features on my digital phone setup.

Thanks for everyones help,

Johnny

The DPT phone will work by having the CO keys assigned.
Where as the Dect will not have this.
been a while since I done a KXTD but you need to program teh system and remove any CO lines which are not connected as the DECT will try to pickup the programmed CO weather their is a line or not.

all you need to do is have your 4 lines assighned to
ring in day and night ringing assighnments on your xdp. as far as dialing out if you have default trunk groups to
make an outside call its 9 if you don't care what line
and 8 + line number for direct line access. We do not
have DECT here in the states.also if you have centrex
or call waiting or 3 way calling on the line you should
enable external feature access in extended programing!!
you will have to find your phamphlet that tells about
standard phones !!!

Dial 4* to call pick up a CO line that is ringing
you can not use this feature to pick up a specific line.

in program 400 disable unused CO's
incoming call, DIL 1:n Day/Night 603/604
Outgoing CO line permitted asignment Day/Night 605/606
use this to assign which CO's to allow access to
(page 131,206,207, 208 of programming manual)
( Australian Manual)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back