Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

xcopy batch slow as AT schedueled service

Status
Not open for further replies.

TopKatz

MIS
May 9, 2000
US
Im having a issue with a backup script. It copy's our DB from one server to another at night. Its a simple xcopy batch. The odd part is that if we run it manually (click on the batch file) it takes about 5 mins to copy 3gb of data from a NT4 server to a win2k3 server. If I run it as a AT scheduled service it is taking over 20 minutes to run.

Any ideas what is going on?

Im going to rework the batch using robocopy, however it makes no sense the disparity when running it manually as opposed to as a AT command.

BTW: the server running the script is a NT4 server, pushing the data onto the win 2k3 server.

Although you say that the batch file works great manually, have you actually tried running it at the same hour you have the scheduled version running. It could be possible something is interfering like another sched task, backups running, etc.

It is the only thing running at that time of night.

Still, I would try manually running the batch at the scheduled time, just to make sure.

Thanks,
Andrew

I just ran a simaler script from 2k3 using robocopy with much better results. Ill try reworking the scripts using this approach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back