Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

xbox 360 and my laptop can i use ics?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cam3ron

Technical User
Jun 13, 2006
US
ok i need someone to walk me through ics and connecting my xbox 360 to the internet. my setup is:

i connect to the internet via wireless. i have a network hub via wired connecting me and my xbox. it tells me limited or no connectivity. and my xbox 360 gets a weird ip address. so all in all internet connection is through wireless and i wanna ics to the xbox 360 with a wired hub connection.

ive tried network setup and it doesnt work always tells me there is a error, any help would be nice thanks.

what kind of cable are you useing? stright or cross-over? is your hub DHCP enable? the reason you are getting a weird IP address is because your xbox can't get an IP addressfrom the DHCP server on your network, so it just gives itself one.

im using standard cat5e and my hub doesnt support dhcp. ive always had to manually set ip address on computers to do lan games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back