Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

xawtv won't shut up....

Status
Not open for further replies.

dx84crx

Technical User
Dec 3, 2003
US
I'm running Mandrake 9.1 with a ATI-TV Wonder VE card, I've got the settings finally right for getting a good picture and everything. But when I log out to login prompt the audio keeps playing. Also when I shutdown and restart, half way through boot up it will start sending static( like the tv is on but on the wrong channel) through the speakers.

Anyone have anyway of getting it to shut up??

Thanks,
Kevin

such is life...

some sound cards don't always mute correctly when xawtv tries to tell them to. you might just be best off writing a tiny wrapper to mute it manually:

----------
#!/bin/sh
xawtv
aumix -l 0
----------

i *think* that's the way to make aumix mute line-in... I'm never quite sure what is responsible for there never being any noise... i believe that the tv card will always spit out sound, and the soundcard just ignores it. but i'm not totally sure.

thanks..I try that tonight.....

such is life...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back