Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

X550e PPTP VPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

dphoneguy24

Technical User
Oct 30, 2003
US
Having trouble with setting up the VPN using PPTP
I created the account and password and am able to connect to the box
What do I need to use for the IP address?
What I used wasn't any of the subnets currently on the box but I can't see any of the other networks.
I have Eth1 (Trusted) port setup with VLANs so I can't add a secondary IP to it?
Is this my problem?
Can I use Eth2 as a trusted and then put a secondary IP on it? I tried this but it didn't work either, but the port isn't actually physically connected to anything either.

thanks,
Dphoneguy24

Hello,
if i've understood you correctly, with regards to the IP address this should be an IP address from within the scope of the trusted interface, you may already know but this must be excluded from internal allocation to avoid conflict.
Are you using local or active directory authentication?
When you say you are connecting to the box is this from the LAN or Internet?
Hope this helps...

Sorry forgot to say that...
it would probably be better to use Eth2 and configure it for your vpn's (have its own subnet from the trusted scope).
You could even configure the opt interface to manage your vpn's. Have you allowed logging? if so anything in there? Is the user a member of the PPTP group?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back